Hot Foot Trini: a Trinidadian who is always going somewhere
Welcome to Hot Foot Trini, a travel blog seen through the lens of a Trinidadian-born woman who lived and studied abroad in the UK for four years, traveled independently since 2002, and taught English in the heart of the Japanese inaka (countryside).
I started Hot Foot Trini on Blogger in August 2011 and then rebranded with a self-hosted website in November 2016. Since then, the blog has evolved from a personal travelogue to a repository of travel stories and practical travel advice. It is also now accompanied by Live Lyfe Photography, my husband’s photography. He’s also a Hot Foot Trini.
This blog focuses on:
- travel books/literature reviews and recommendations
- offbeat and popular destinations in Japan
- destination and culture guides for Trinidad and Tobago (written by a local)
- tried and tested tips and advice about living, working, and traveling abroad (especially as a person of color)
- vivid and engaging travel stories